Stop Packing & Smell the Daisies

Laura, Sunday, March 9, 2008 6:49 PM

(Note - This post was written on Sunday, 3/9/08, but I was just able to upload the photos.)

Ahhh...I've really been enjoying these daisies my friends gave me the other night, in addition to the beautiful cherry blossoms right outside our patio. (Mom and dad, thanks for pointing them out!)
As I stepped out on the patio to take the shot on the right, I wondered if I'll ever grow a green thumb... should I be taking some sort of vitamin for this? I've killed every plant I've ever owned, including these two.

It's certainly been a productive weekend...from selling my "zoom zoom zoom" Mazda3 (well, I took a good faith deposit and will be doing the exchange this week), to finishing my taxes, and becoming a packing machine. Box stacking is an art form (check out picture to the right and note, this is only one corner of the room). Ken, I was thinking we could play life-size Jenga...whatdoyasay?

Labels: , , , ,

Comments
Blogger Ken, March 12, 2008 at 7:16 AM

Wow! Look at you go! Great job on the packing.

Somehow I've managed to keep that plant you gave me last summer alive. It was my passenger all the way out here. Sadly, I have to admit, that I even talked to it a few times. Maybe the conversation is what kept it going. :-)

Blogger Helen, March 12, 2008 at 4:27 PM

What an asset you are Laura!!! Able to do everything, even sell the car. Makes me think of the team Papa and I always have been, you're off to a good start!! Soon you will be in the U-Haul, off to your new adventures in Colorado. Bet you can hardly wait. Your green thumb reminds me of my own, about the only thing Grammie can grow inside is ivy or philadendron plants, they are a sure bet. Can't wait to see you on Saturday. xoxo Grammie

Post a Comment