Mount Audubon

Laura, Monday, July 21, 2008 2:48 PM


On Sunday, Ken and I hiked up Mount Audubon, our first thirteener in Colorado, standing at 13,233'. Ken managed to get me up at 6am, we started the hike at 8:30am, and we summitted just before 11am. We were impressed with our speedy pace, and took some time to enjoy the views.

Click here
to view some spectacular shots of Mount Audubon and the surrounding areas we saw on our hike.

Coming down, we saw the storm clouds head in, and we were lucky to make it back to the car just before it started to rain.

While it was a great hike with some fun rock scrambling, we feel it was just a tease. We're eager to start "bagging" some fourteeners and plan to start after I get back from my trip home. I'm headed to Southern California tomorrow to get in some much needed time with the family. Expect to see some pictures next week!
Comments

Post a Comment